March 25, 2020
Friends and Family in the Lark Community,
We continue to monitor news of COVID-19 on an hourly basis. At this point we have made the decision to extend our company-wide closure date to May 1. All Lark hotels and restaurants will be closed through April 30, 2020.
This pandemic has had a huge effect on how we perceive the world around us, and we can imagine it has called into question your decision to travel now and into the future. It's caused significant hardship for our industry, particularly our committed team that is devoted to delivering exceptional guest experiences. With the closure of our hotels, most of our team members have been furloughed, which leaves us with a greatly reduced staff to respond to your emails and phone calls. So, please be patient with us. We will respond to every email and phone message. Our focus is on staying in good health and being here when we’re able to reopen our doors to you.
Usually we’re asking what we can do for you, now we have to ask if you can do something for us.
Help keep Lark going strong so that we’re ready to reopen. At our core we are a collection of small family businesses under one umbrella, and how you, our loyal guests, react to our closure and reopening will impact us significantly. Here’s how you can help:
- Reconsider cancellations. Allowing us to hold onto your deposit for a later date in 2020 will help us reopen and bring our team back as quickly as possible.
- All change-of-date fees have been waived for 2020. If you have an existing reservation, rather than cancelling it, we encourage you to invest in your future vacation and move the date.
- Please be patient. See our revised cancellation policy below. We will continue to update this as new details about our closure emerge – check back here for updates.
Existing Room Reservations
- All reservations that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020 – even those described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase”) – can be cancelled or, better yet, changed to a future date at no charge.
New Room Reservations
- Any reservation booked between today and May 22, 2020 that are scheduled for arrival before May 22, 2020 – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
If you have reservations for May and beyond, we ask that you please consider holding off on making any cancellations. As we continue to understand the nature of travel restrictions, our cancellation policy will only become more lenient, similar to what we have decided for the date range above.
We’re all in this together. Thank you for your continued support in these turbulent times, and please don't forget that we are open for reservations for May 1 and beyond. Come join us then.
President & Founder
March 17, 2020
Dear Members of the Lark Hotels Community,
In challenging times, we are faced with the need to make difficult decisions. To our core, we care about people and their experiences, also their safety and well-being. As a company we subscribe to the idea that we can achieve our best self by working towards the common good.
In this case, it means that we have made the difficult choice to suspend operations of our hotels and restaurants from March 18th until April 5th. This was not an easy decision to make, but we feel that it is the socially responsible choice and one that will support a more favorable long-term outcome for the communities that support us.
Our team members will be reaching out to guests with reservations during this time period to arrange for refunds or to reschedule your stay. If you have questions, please reach out directly to the property where you have made a reservation.
We will be monitoring this evolving situation constantly with the hope that we will be able to reopen our doors as soon as possible. In the meantime, we will be taking reservations for after April 5th and the upcoming summer season.
Please stay safe and be ready to come see us as soon as things in the world return to normal.
Very truly yours,
President & Founder