Food + Drink
Our Kennebunkport Inn's Famous Cookies
With many parts of the country firmly in the grip of winter, the aroma of freshly baked cookies is just the thing to warm up your house and spirits. Our Kennebunkport inn's sweet treats took home top honors in the 2014 Christmas Prelude Cookie Crawl, a holiday stroll through historic Kennebunkport, Maine, and have received as many accolades on TripAdvisor as the inn’s cozy central lounge and fireplace.
Visitors to our hotel can look forward to enjoying homemade delights every afternoon, and now you can whip up a batch of their signature Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies in your own kitchen. Sure to please kids, adults, and snowmen alike!
Captain Fairfield Inn’s Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ¼ C. all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Position a rack in middle of oven, and preheat to 350 Fahrenheit. Line 2 rimless baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar, whisk until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla then whisk until well blended. Slowly add the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons on to the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched, 10-13 minutes.
- Rotate halfway through cooking. Let cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.